GoToWebinar has options to record in its own format or convert the video to a Windows Media Video (.wmv) file. When recorded in the GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar format, it will require a codec to view the video. This also means that it will not properly upload to YouTube in this format.
Follow these steps to confirm that your webinar recording options:
- Log in and start your webinar.
- Your webinar panel will appear on your screen. Before sharing your screen, click on Settings button under the Screen Sharing pane.
- The Preferences popup will appear. Click on the Recording category.
- Select Convert to Windows Media Player file. This will automatically convert your recording to a file type supported by YouTube.
Once you are done hosting your webinar, you can edit your recording before uploading it to YouTube.
Although a little more complicated, you can still upload your video to YouTube if it was recorded in the GoToWebinar proprietary format. Citrix has provided instructions for this conversion and I have summarized them below:
- Download the GoToMeeting Transcoding Wizard.zip file
- Unzip the file and copy TranscodingWizard.exe and Interop.WMPLib.dll files to your desktop.
- Run TranscodeingWizard.exe
- Click on File and select your recording.
- Click Start.
- A popup will appear informing you that conversion is completed. The converted file will replace the previous version.
You can now edit and upload your video to YouTube.
Posted on December 3, 2013 by Al Romeyn | Permalink